Disclaimer: The information in this article is for educational purposes only. I am not a doctor. It is not intended to be a replacement for professional medical advice. None of the opinions are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider for proper medical care or advice.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used one of the products listed below and recommend them because they are helpful and are from companies that I trust.
Still not sure if you are pregnant or not? You can carry out a simple pregnancy test at home using a pregnancy test strip. Most pregnancy test conducted at home are accurate (say 99%) and trust me, they are affordable too. Conducting a pregnancy test within the comfort of your home can be done via; checking for pregnancy hormones in urine called human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) using home pregnancy tests (HPTs). These home pregnancy tests do come in various forms: test strips, midstream as well as digital forms or formats.
The following would show you step by step how to conduct a simple pregnancy test at home;
- Using a pregnancy test strip, you will need a sample of your own early morning urine (preferably because that is when the pregnancy hormone will be very concentrated) collected in a small bottle or container
- Dip the pregnancy test strip into the sample of urine you collected for a few seconds
- Remove the test strip from the sample and allow it to dry for a few seconds on a flat surface.
- Read the result after a few minutes.
Results: If the result you get is showing one line, it indicates a negative result while the appearance of two lines shows a positive result but note, the second line may be faint, it is still regarded as being positive.
- To conduct the test using a mainstream format, all you have to do is to urinate directly on the test strip
- Allow the strip to dry by leaving it for few seconds or minutes
Results: just like the test strip above, If what you get is showing one line, this shows a negative result of no pregnancy while the appearance of two lines shows a positive result of pregnancy.
The digital pregnancy test strip is about 99% accurate from the day your period is due by counting backwards up to 4 days early. To carry out the test;
- Just like the other two formats, you will need to use your early morning urine but It is advisable not to drink too much water before conducting the test
- Make sure only the tip of the test stick is dip into the urine
- Dip the test stick in the urine for 20 seconds
- Place the test stick on a flat surface
- Countdown within 3minutes to your result using a timer
- The test stick will either indicate pregnant or not pregnant/Yes or No
If showing not pregnant, you can repeat this test after three days to be sure . Please don’t forget to share! Image source:clearblue.com