In my previous post, i said there are different blogging platforms and i gave the tutorial on how to use the blogspot platform in creating a blog. Find the post here
To create a wordpress blog, the first thing that you need is a Webhosting and domain name. Web hosting is where your files will be stored, and domain is the name of your blog. You can make use of any web hosting providers and most of them offer free domain and you can install wordpress in one click
Now that you have your WordPress blog, the next thing is to install your theme using wordpress provided themes or you can buy a customized theme.
Well done so far!
One of the major mistakes that many newbie makes after creating WordPress blog is, they don’t bother setting up other stuff that create a huge difference. These few setup will create a lot of difference, and every step won’t take more than 5 minutes.
Now it’s time to set up few WordPress plugin that will make a huge difference and is important:
- Activate Akismet plugin ( You will need Akismet API key ).
- Install and activate WordPress SEO by Yoast or All in one SEO pack ( These are amazing free plugin to make your blog SEO friendly).
- Smush.it WordPress plugins (Compresses images on your blog)
- W3 total cache plugin (This plugin is important for making your blog load faster. Make sure you don’t use any other cache plugin with this).
- WordPress related post plugin (Use any of these plugin to add related posts with thumbnail after your post. This will help your readers to discover more content on your blog)
- WordPress Social media plugins ( This will help you to get more social media sharing. You can pick any one from the list, but I recommend Monarch)
- OptinMonster plugin will let you capture email leads for your auto-responder service such as Aweber, Mailchimp and so on. It’s responsive and offers ready to use opt-in forms.
Also watch this video;
Now that your blog is setup, Have fun!